SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT: LACK OF MATS
When it comes to slip and fall accidents, wet floors present special dangers. That's because they can be so difficult to spot. Unlike other potential slipping hazards that can be identified and avoided, wet floors typically don't look much different than a dry floor. That means two things: First, you don't have a chance to avoid them. And second, when you do walk over them, you don't take extra precautions to prevent potential slip and falls.
Wet floors typically occur when a floor is washed, but they can also occur on rainy days when rain, snow or slush is tracked in, but is not removed. As with other hazards, businesses have an obligation to do what they can to help prevent accidents caused by wet floors. That includes:
1. Regularly inspecting the premises
2. installing mats around shopping cart areas to soak up drips from wheels and frames
3. using water-absorbent, slip-resistant mats throughout he property to provide traction, especially on rainy days
4. installing drains in areas known to “puddle up” as a result of weather, or leveling floor surfaces to prevent water from collecting
5. mopping up water until the surface is dry
6. putting out signs indicating wet areas
Slipping on wet floors can cause tremendous injuries, including serious fractures, head, neck and spine injuries, and paralysis. Many of these injuries involve significant medical costs and protracted care. Those are costs that should be borne by the responsible parties – the business owner. Yet getting the compensation you deserve is not an easy process.
If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident due to wet floor surfaces or any other cause, you need an experienced slip and fall lawyer on your side. The Law Offices of Vatche Bostadjian represents slip and fall injury victims in Glendale, Los Angeles, and the surrounding areas. We are in the business of helping injured victims get the compensation they deserve.